This forum has moved, please join us on github discussions. We will keep these old posts available for reference. Thank you!

Apostrophe and the EU GDPR

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be active on 25th May 2018 and I wonder if Apostrophe CMS and all apostrophe-* modules are conform with the new regulations?

Do you have a look at the GDPR?

This is not something we’ve had time to study closely, but none of our enterprise partners have flagged it as an issue thus far, probably because Apostrophe itself has few features that would involve private data of site visitors, as opposed to site administrators. We are of course interested in making it easy to be compliant where it makes sense and is necessary but as an open source project we cannot accept responsibility for the compliance of individual sites.

1 Like

The only thing I could think of are cookies, but Apostrophe does not set much of them. Probably only module developers who develop social and interactive modules like forms should be aware of privacy issues.

If I find something critical in Apostrophe or a module, I will open an issue on GitHub. :+1:

Hi, I’m part of MICHELIN group digital factory and ApostropheCMS currently powers about 165 live websites of all size. About 50 of them are European websites subject to GDPR regulation. We are implementing https://www.didomi.io SaaS system to control cookie consent through a GTM integration.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I am very interested in apostrophecms. But when it comes to EU GDPR - I want to get sure, that we will not face problems. So - my questions are:

• were can I see what cookies apostrophecms is using in my specific project - I have to know that, to be able to let the users control that with a checkbox.

• is there are way to block all this cookies - until the user has accepted the GDPR compliance?

• is it hard to write a modal with that checkboxes for every cookie use and be sure that apostrophecms react properly to the given / or not given checkbox settings

Thank u.