Apostrophe CMS Main Site Forum Home

CMS feasibility with cloud hosting

Is Apostrophe cms provide any feasibility with the managed web hosting platform as the likes of Cloudways, WPEnging etc. I searched a lot in the forum but couldn’t find any thing on it. I am a professional blogger and I am always looking for some experiments. So, I though it will be a good idea to use Apostrophe cms this time. If this works out fine for me. I will use some more websites with this.

Hi TrinaJones,

It’s a little hard to tell from your message whether you are a developer looking for cloud hosting but still expecting to write some code, or an end user looking to build a website entirely without writing code.

Although our new demo certainly shows how close Apostrophe comes to supporting a “just build a website and go without writing code” scenario, we don’t currently offer a hosted product of that kind.

On the other hand, if what you want is to deploy your site to cloud hosting when you’re done programming it, Apostrophe has HOWTOs for both Heroku and Elastic Beanstalk:

However, do bear in mind that cloud deployment is not the easiest road to follow — and if your site won’t have “mentioned three times on the Oprah Winfrey show” levels of traffic, a VPS from Linode or Digital Ocean will prove a lot easier to use. See our production HOWTO: