This forum has moved, please join us on github discussions. We will keep these old posts available for reference. Thank you!

Custom Image Gallery

What are all the possible sizes for images?

Essentially, how do i get a list of images that have been “attached” to the page? I am trying to create my own image gallery since the default gallery is limited. Does that mean I should create my own widget that extends ‘apostrophe-images-widgets’?

So once i do that, and add the widget to a page, and add images, how do i get the list of images? I want to get a thumbnail size, and a larger size of the image to be placed in a modal? What are all the possible sizes available?

This is now answered here:

I can not post reply on Stackoverflow yet, sothat I want to ask here.

After I add to my app.js:
‘my-slideshow-widgets’: {
extend: ‘apostrophe-images-widgets’
},

I got this error:
Error while constructing the my-slideshow-widgets module
TypeError: Cannot read property ‘name’ of undefined

I tried to finish ‘my-slideshow-widgets’ folder but still got this error.

I’ve the same problem…
The a…-images-widgets code in index.js depends on the a…-images module.
(Edit: I’ve remembered this wrong… it comes from a…-pieces-widgets. But this gets extended in images-widgets)
So with your module my-slideshow-widgets… which should be called
my-slideshows-widgets you will need a my-slideshows module, too.
This can extend a…-images module.
But then you will have an additional and separate image “category”.

I’m looking for a solution to use apostrophe-images in an own-images-widgets which extends apostrophe-images-widgets.

I simply want to upload images, but when adding the images to the page I need some additional fields and different rendering. I think for this the best way is to create an own widget which extends the existing apostrophe-images-widgets.

But how do we get this to work?

TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined
at beforeConstruct (C:\Users\makolb\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\alpcal\touring\node_modules\apostrophe\lib\modules\apostrophe-pieces-widgets\index.js:98:31)
at beforeConstruct (C:\Users\makolb\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\alpcal\touring\node_modules\moog\index.js:239:21)
at C:\Users\makolb\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\alpcal\touring\node_modules\moog\index.js:250:22
at iterate (C:\Users\makolb\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\alpcal\touring\node_modules\moog\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:146:13)
at Immediate._onImmediate (C:\Users\makolb\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\alpcal\touring\node_modules\moog\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:157:25)
at runCallback (timers.js:789:20)
at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:751:5)
at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:722:5)

Ok. I’ve an answer for this now by myself…
use:

extend: 'apostrophe-images-widgets',
piecesModuleName: 'apostrophe-images',

But then I’ve only an “Add undefined” in the browser?!

Edit:
I don’t extend now apostrophe-images-widgets, but only apostophe-widgets and do a join:

name: '_image',
type: 'joinByOne',
withType: 'apostrophe-image',
label: 'Image',
required: true,
idField: 'imageId',

This does what I’d like to do.

But nevertheless it would be interesting to know how we can extend apostrophe-images-widgets.

I solved this problem by this way, too.
But I not sure about connection of Post and Image, still testing.

i have the same problem, but i cant get it to work, can u give me your code for widget index,js and widget.html, thankx on advance