This forum has moved, please join us on github discussions. We will keep these old posts available for reference. Thank you!

Problems with single page editing

Let’s say I edit home page, and by accident write something stupid in some text placeholder, and defocuse the field. Users why will now open the page will see this change. This is not how it should work in my opinion. When I edit something, a draft copy should be created, that waits for approval. And history should store the version before new draft approved, not every single edit (I seriously doubt someone can fallow that). What do you think?

Hi trsh,

What you’re describing is what you get with the optional apostrophe-workflow module, which is close to being related for 2.x. It’s in beta here:

The 2.x version implements both localization (multinational websites) and the type of draft/live workflow mode toggling you’re talking about. At the moment we haven’t put any time into hiding the features that don’t make sense with only one locale, but we’ll do that before we hit “npm publish.”

You can play with it now if you’re willing to use the specified branches as documented in that README:

Keep in mind it’s in beta; pull requests and constructive feedback welcome.