This forum has moved, please join us on github discussions. We will keep these old posts available for reference. Thank you!

Creating a Doc website with Apostrophe

I’m looking to create a website with Apostrophe, and include documentation for a software product. I noticed that docs.apostrophecms.org doesn’t seem to be built on Apostrophe. Is it possible to build a documentation website on Apostrophe CMS? Any examples?

Hi awby,

It certainly can be done and I know of several companies that have done it. However for the Apostrophe documentation site we elected to use gitbook because we prefer to write technical documentation in Markdown and gitbook works very well with Markdown, as well as including pre-created themes for exactly this use case. It’s important to use the right tool for each job.

Hey Awby yes, it is possible to build a documentation website on apostrophe CMS. For building it first you need an apostrophe CLI tool, which creates a bootstrapping for the project. Once the project is created you need to jump in, install the dependencies and start the server. Follow this way and your website will start functioning.