This forum has moved, please join us on github discussions. We will keep these old posts available for reference. Thank you!

General questions about apostropheCMS

Hi everyone.

I am new to these CMS topics and I have some doubts about apostrophe.

1.- Can I create the template and components of the front with Angular 8 and manage the content with an apostrophe that for the end-user is as simple as dragging and dropping witged developed in Angular 8?

2.- the multisite module on apostroheCMS, can handle different templates for each site?
3.- Is it possible to integrate the automatic translation of site content on apostroheCMS? or Can you manage the content of the site for different languages, WordPress style, that each page can be associated with a specific language?
4.- Can you duplicate the content of a page of a site?

thank you for your support and happy new year.

Welcome, @varvelaiz.

1. You should check out apostrophe-headless. You could then build the front end with Angular or anything else. Using Angular for the editing interface would be more complicated, however.
  2. Yes, different sites using multisite can have different templates.
  3. apostrophe-workflow has most of the powerful translation/internationalization features built-in. apostrophe-i18n-static has more. It’s not automatic translation, though.
  4. Pages can be cloned, if that is what you’re asking.

Thank you @alexbea

The question is whether I can create specialized components, such as a top 5 product component, that the information on those products will be obtained from other systems through the API and the API response will contain the image, short description and the link ( URL) that will redirect you to another page within the same Site or to another site.

It is that we have a very specialized e-commerce project that wants to have very dynamic content management and that the components such as product top, product results grid, search engine, shopping cart, payment gateway, etc. 100 % manageable by the content manager, but they want the front to be Angular.

Because all their platform is based on Angular + Java, additionally they want to manage several sites each with different templates (different corporate identity)

Thank for you support

Oh, absolutely. There could be several ways to accomplish that, but widgets do have a JS player method for you to use. You could also write a task run by the server regularly to update product information if you wanted to do it server-side.

Right, as Alex Bea says, the JS player method is available, and there’s nothing preventing you from invoking an Angular app there, as long as your Angular app is comfortable sharing “ownership” of the webpage with other code. Although Vue and React are more commonly used in that way, this stackoverflow answer covers Angular ways to do it.

Thank @alexbea and @boutell for your support.