This forum has moved, please join us on github discussions. We will keep these old posts available for reference. Thank you!

Image preview problem while uploading

why am i facing this problem while uploading from admin. Image can be upload and shown in view too. Everything is fine except this

and this is only happening in live version. In localhost it’s fine

Hmm, I haven’t seen this behavior. When you inspect, what image URLs are there? Are you using any special uploadfs settings (like enabling S3 or anything other than local file storage)?

On the flip side, perhaps you are trying to host in Heroku without using S3 or some other permanent storage? Local file storage will not work in an environment like Heroku, you might sometimes see an image because the request hits the same dyno that uploaded the image, but dynos are constantly recycled, their filesystems are not permanent.

(This is just one possible explanation. Most smaller Apostrophe deployments are to a single VPS running both mongodb and apostrophe, and in that environment plain ol’ local file storage works fine.)

@boutell Thanks for your reply.

I am using single VPS with local file storage.

The issue is images on site are working fine but do not show thumbnails on apos ui images list as shown in screenshot below:

Edit Image shows image preview:
Unable to attach more than one image

There is only below error on nginx log:

App 26089 output: Template warning: Impossible to retrieve the attachment url since it is missing, a default icon has been set. Please fix this ASAP!
App 26089 output: Template warning: Impossible to retrieve the attachment url since it is missing, a default icon has been set. Please fix this ASAP!

There are other apostrophecms websites in same server and are working fine.

But there is no such issue in local development computer. I also tried restoring server database and attachments to local and it worked.
Live URL is https://new.saipal.edu.np/

Edit Image screenshot:

This problem was fixed in a recent release. You need to “npm update” your project.

1 Like

It is working now. Thanks a lot.